My PWCS Mobile App - FAQs
The My PWCS mobile is all new for 2016. All users will need to download the new version.
Be sure to set app preferences to keep following PWCS and specific schools.
The new app provides a new look and a direct link to the SLMS parent view. Notifications and emergency alerts are improved. Links to contact directories, lunch menus, and other important resources remain available. Scheduled updates will bring even more functionality to the app throughout the year.
Don’t have the My PWCS mobile app? The free download is available in the iTunes App Store and Google Play store. It’s a great way to stay connected to your schools and to urgent information when rough weather hits.
On the Android or iPhone and iPad , search for "My PWCS"
On an Apple tablet, first select "iPhone apps" then search for "My PWCS."
Q: What does My PWCS mobile app do?
A: My PWCS lets the PWCS community access a range of essential information and services, such as school alert notifications and announcements, calendar events, news, contacts and school staff directories, all on the go, directly from the mobile devices you already know and use.
Q: Who can download the app and does it cost anything?
A: My PWCS is free to students, faculty, staff, parent, alumni and anyone else in the community interested in staying connected to PWCS schools. The app is available for free download in the iTunes App Store and Google Play (Android).
Q: Do I need to register or get a login to use the app?
A: No, you do not have to get a login to use the My PWCS mobile app. However to access the Parent View you will need to use your Parent Portal credentials. Learn how to register for Parent Portal.
Q: How do I see information for my school?
A: There is an easy-to-navigate school listing for users that want to access particular schools within the Division.
Q: How do I make the screen text larger when viewing a web page?
A: Double tap on the screen to make the view larger.
Q: Will my mobile phone receive "push" notifications?
A: Yes, if you want. Users who allow them will receive an "alert" on their phone's home screen when a "push" notification is sent from PWCS.
Q: What specific Division and school information can I view and access on the mobile app?
A: Navigation buttons take you to the following information:
- News- News and announcements (news feed) from pwcs.edu and school websites.
- Notifications - Special alerts from the Division such as school closings or other notifications sent from schools you have selected in "Settings."
- Bus Schedules - View bus schedules.
- Calendar - View events from the Division and schools you are following.
- Schools - Easy access to District staff contacts and school contacts. Includes addresses and attendance line information.
- Menus - Links to the PWCS school meal menus for the month.
- MyLunch Bucks - Links to a web page that allows you to login and pay for school lunches.
- Parent Portal - Links to the Parent Portal website. You must be registered with a Parent Portal user account before you can login and view student attendance and grades.
NEW: Parent Login - Direct access to the "Parent View" of the SLMS. It's a calendar of your student's assignments.