School Board Meeting March 15, 2017
Select this link to view the agenda on the Electronic School Board web page.
Select this link to view the School Board meeting on PWCS-TV.
Public Hearing: Citizens addressed the School Board on the FY 2018 CIP/Budget.
The School Board Approved:
- April 17–21 as Public School Volunteer Week and Transportation Employees Week;
- April as Arab-American Heritage Month; Child Abuse Prevention Month; Month of the Military Child; National Mathematics and Statistics Awareness Month; and National School Library Month;
- May 10 as National School Nurse Day;
- May 13–20 as Healthy Communities for Healthy Youth Week;
- May as National Physical Fitness and Sports Month;
- The contract awarded to V.F. Pavone Construction Company for the two additions of steel frame and masonry structure at Pattie Elementary School;
- The contract awarded to Sumter Contracting Corporation for the renovations of River Oaks Elementary School;
- The contracts awarded to Function Enterprises, Inc.; J & K Contracting, Inc.; Northeast Contracting Corporation; and Simpson Unlimited, Inc. for roof repair services;
- A Development Impact Statement to Prince William County concerning Apollo Enterprises, LLC rezoning development of 100 residential units;
- A Development Impact Statement to Prince William County concerning Ray’s Regarde rezoning development of 525 residential units;
- The nomination of Bookworm Central, Micron Technology, and Potomac Pediatric Dentistry for the Virginia School Boards Association 2017 Business Honor Roll;
- The School Board meeting minutes of March 1; and
- The FY 2018 Budget/CIP as presented.
Presentation and Discussion on the following topic:
Fred M. Lynn Middle School Corrective Action Plan update. Click to see a draft of the PowerPoint presentation.
Volume 12, Number 14 – Publication Date: March 16, 2017