Keeping Our Schools Safe
Find the brochures below in other languages by clicking the language at the top of this site.
School Emergencies Parent Pocket Brochure & Video:
Emergencies: PWCS Is Prepared - What Parents Should Know-Printer Friendly PDF, 2016-17
Emergencies: PWCS Is Prepared - What Parents Should Know-Online Viewing PDF
Folleto EMERGENCIAS: En PWCS estamos preparados - SPANISH-What Parents Should Know brochure
Prince William County Public Schools Crisis and Emergency Preparedness Brochure
Prince William County Public Schools Crisis and Emergency Preparedness Brochure - Spanish
|Contents of Brochure:
Documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- A Message from the Superintendent
- County and Schools Work Together
- Security Measures in Place
- Crisis Response Readiness of Schools
- PWCS Response to and Definitions for National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Alerts
- Keeping Informed Through Crisis/Emergency Messages
- Keeping Children Safe
- Parent/Guardian-Student Reunification Process
- When Crisis Occurs: A Quick Reference for Parents
- Crisis/Emergency Resources
The Prince William County Public School Division has established crisis management plans and policies for how all types of potential crises are to be handled.
Crisis management is part of the School Division's approach to school safety. It anticipates potential problems and establishes a coordinated response to minimize the stress and disruptions a crisis might bring to bear on the School Division and the community.
- Each school has emergency and contingency plans in place to respond to different types of events as they occur. Each school has also established a Crisis Response Team (CRT) that is an integral part of the school's emergency management plan.
- The School Division works closely with local law enforcement agencies to coordinate responses to particular incidents.